Tilth Redefines Skin Care For The 21st Century
Over four centuries ago, William Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose would by any other name smell as sweet." In the case of the new skin care line, "Tilth," launched by former Elizabeth Arden vice president Anthony Vargas, the name delivers savvy consumers a message about purity, quality, and the relationship between how we choose to view our relationship with the Earth—and sustainable beauty.
"Tilth" may not be an everyday word, sparkling from the lips of consumers—yet. However, since the beginning of this century, there has been resurgence in the importance of this term. It refers to "tillage," the soil we till and cultivate. More specifically, it personifies the health of this soil. There is essential beauty in real well-being, something which no make-up can enhance, or disguise. There is also natural consumer poetry in using a product line that delivers a veritable garden of healing and nourishing ingredients to the skin. Shakespeare also wrote, "Our bodies are gardens, to which our wills are gardens."
This is a timeless statement about personal ecology. "Choice" resides within the products' visionary name. Farmers who speak about enjoying "good tilth" have cared for the soil meticulously. We can put junk food into our bodies and reap the results. Skin care products are absorbed into the skin and become part of us. Junk and downright toxic ingredients can accumulate in the body over time and yield physically devastating results.
Also integral in the company's name are the concepts of thoughtfulness, intelligence, and an encouraging future. Consumers of this line will want to know every detail about it, from its scrupulous production, to the green and sustainable packaging. They will experience beneficial ingredients, such as:
· the aromatherapeutic boost of tangerine—energizing and cheering;
· the tingling freshness of marine ingredients , such as wakame, and brown algae;
· encapsulated Retinol, shown to improve skin elasticity and diminish wrinkles;
· Vitamins C and A, which encourage collagen production; and
· Flower Fractions, such as Rutin, which comfort irritated skin and capillaries, and are great for banishing redness.
What's not in this trailblazing, heirloom name? Plenty! The line is free of:
· Phthalates, which are connected to low testosterone, testicular cancer, and developmental disorders in fetuses and young children;
· Parabens—A potential trigger for breast cancer… they can cause inflammation, and even damage DNA;
· Sulfates, eye irritants, potential carcinogens, may cause dermatitis in sensitive users;
· Petroleum-based products may cause photosensitivity, and are suspect in triggering a variety of cancers and immune disorders—not to mention the fact that they come from petroleum!
· Silicones, may be prone to causing allergic reactions and environmental buildup;
· Synthetic fragrances—Linked to allergies, hormone disruption in men, and cancers;
· GMOs, or "genetically modified organisms," sometimes called "Franken foods," are suspect in a variety of diseases. Research on their safety is ongoing.
The good news is that those who love beauty and the Earth need not expose themselves to these cumulative and wide-ranging dangers. We can choose—and the time is ripe for choice. Tilth is also cruelty-free, making it the most attractive skin care line available today for those who truly think about, and care for, themselves—and the planet
About Vargas Cosmetics
Vargas Cosmetics, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium quality, high-performing, naturally based skin care products that do not contain parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petroleum-based products, silicones, synthetic fragrances or GMOs, animal/dairy-derived products, or artificial colors. The company is owned and founded by Anthony Vargas, a Skin Care Scientist and Innovator who worked in research and development for nearly three decades at Elizabeth Arden and Avon Products prior to launching Vargas Cosmetics and the high performance, safe and effective skin care line, Tilth Beauty at www.TilthBeauty.com