Neiman Marcus The Art of Fashion Campaign with Photographer Erik Madigan Heck
Neiman Marcus announces Erik Madigan Heck as the photographer in The Art of Fashion campaign for Fall 2012. The campaign includes 27 images of Fall fashions and will appear in the September edition of the Neiman Marcus publication, the book.
Debuting nearly 20 years ago, The Art of Fashion was a revolutionary step for a retailer as the campaign was designed to feature cutting-edge fashion and provocative photography. Designer merchandise featured in the Fall 2012 campaign includes: Gucci, Valentino, Tom Ford, Oscar de la Renta, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, Celine, Dolce & Gabbana, Jil Sander, The Row, Etro, Akris, Alaia Paris, Proenza Schouler, Haider Ackermann, Burberry Prorsum, Lanvin Paris, Chanel, Mary Katrantzou, Jason Wu, Fendi, Lanvin Paris, Peter Piloto, Charlotte Olympia and Nancy Gonzalez.
Erik Madigan Heck is the youngest photographer ever chosen to shoot The Art of Fashion for Neiman Marcus. Other notable photographers have included Richard Avedon, Arthur Elgort, Helmut Newton, Annie Leibovitz, Lillian Bassman and Paolo Roversi.
"We wanted to pair up this season's exquisite fashions with a true creative visionary," said Eddie Nunns, Vice President, Neiman Marcus Brand Creative. "Erik Madigan Heck's work blurs the lines between photography and art, and through his illustrative approach he created stunning images that differentiate this campaign from any other."
In addition to the photography for The Art of Fashion, a trio of short films was shot and will be available at NMDaily.com. Two original Erik Madigan Heck prints from The Art of Fashion portfolio will be auctioned October 20, 2012, in conjunction with the Two x Two for Aids (2x2online.org), a 13-year-old fundraiser that has raised over $34 million for the American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR) and the Dallas Museum of Art's Contemporary Art Acquisitions Fund. Watch for details in the next issue of the book.
The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc. operations include the Specialty Retail Stores segment and the Direct Marketing segment. The Specialty Retail Stores segment consists primarily of Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores. The Direct Marketing segment conducts both print catalog and online operations under the Neiman Marcus, Horchow and Bergdorf Goodman brand names. Information about the Company can be accessed at www.NeimanMarcusGroup.com.
Thank you for reading this fashion news article on the Fashion Newspaper.
Learn more about NM Daily on the fashion industry network.
You can also learn more about Neiman Marcus from the plus dragon fashion scales.
Spread The Word
- Neiman Marcus Charitable Giving and The Ken Downing Gift Collection
- Neiman Marcus Replacing NMdaily with the blog
- Legendary SwimShow Makes a Splash With 2013 Expansion Plans
- Pynkiss High-end Fashion Brand Heads to Chinese Licensed Goods Market
- CUSP Shop-in-Shops : Neiman Marcus Brands Contemporary Department As CUSP
- Michael R. Kingston : Neiman Marcus Group as Chief Information Officer
- Neiman Marcus Opens 42nd Store In Walnut Creek, California
- Neiman Marcus Opening Gala at Its Walnut Creek Store : Charities Selected
- John E. Koryl Will Join Neiman Marcus Direct as President
- Refinancing Plan Announced by Neiman Marcus
- Neiman Marcus Rings in the Holiday Season and Launches Virtual Gift Giving Challenge
- Neiman Marcus Christmas Book : 84th Edition Revealed
- Fresh Introduces Creme Ancienne Eye Cream