American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. announced today its Back-to-School campaign "Live Your Life," featuring 15 inspiring real people. The campaign celebrates individual style through unique, real people and how they express themselves in American Eagle Outfitters jeans.
"The 'Live Your Life' campaign is about celebrating individual style and putting the customer at the center of our brand," said Michael Leedy, chief marketing officer, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. "Each member of the campaign shows off a unique denim fit and the multitude of looks you can build with a great pair of jeans and our colorful tops and accessories, illustrating our commitment to individuality, and the spirited optimism of the American Eagle Outfitters brand."
Beginning July 23, customers can win an opportunity to be featured in the Spring 2013 campaign by submitting a photo and answering personal style questions online at www.ae.com/liveyourlife. Each entrant will then share their submission with their social network to garner votes. The top 250 people with the highest votes in each of the 15 jean fits will be displayed on www.ae.com and on American Eagle Outfitters mobile app. American Eagle Outfitters will select one winner from the top 250 in each category weekly for four weeks and on the fifth week the winners will be determined by a public vote on August 30. Nine women and six men will win a spot in the Spring 2013 campaign as well as a cash prize.
The full American Eagle Outfitters "Live Your Life"® campaign includes:
· Aaron Bergantz – General Contractor from San Luis Obispo, CA, shows off the Bootcut jean.
· Angel Taylor – Artist/Musician from Los Angeles, CA, shows off the Favorite Boyfriend jean.
· Chase Wilson – Surfer from Newport Beach, CA, shows off the Original Straight jean.
· Cleo – Student from Washington, D.C., shows off the Jegging.
· Dez Duron – Singer/Songwriter from Shreveport, LA, shows off the Slim Straight jean.
· Frankie Ball Jr. – Artist from Los Angeles, CA, shows off the Skinny jean.
· Genevieve Rokero – Surfer from Kailua, HI, shows off the Slim Boot jean.
· Jasmine Snow – Magazine Accessories Editor from Ocean City, NJ, shows off the Artist® jean.
· Julie Sarinana – Fashion Blogger living in Los Angeles, CA, shows off the Super Skinny jean.
· Len Burton – Stylist from Nashville, TN, shows off the Original Boot jean.
· Romina Puga – Student from Miami, FL, shows off the Skinny jean.
· Sammy Prahalis – Professional Basketball Player from Dix Hills, NY, shows off the Straight jean.
· Sandy Ley – Graphic Designer from San Francisco, CA, shows off the Original Boot jean.
· Shay Mitchell – Actress from Mississauga, Ontario, CA, shows off the Skinny Kick jean.
· Ty Foster – Actor/Musician from Granite Bay, CA, shows off the Relaxed jean.
American Eagle Outfitters has committed to full-scale "Live Your Life" campaign advertising in national broadcast and cable outlets including ABC, NBC, MTV, CW, Comedy Central, E!, STYLE, and ABC Family, magazines including Cosmopolitan, Nylon, People StyleWatch, Seventeen, Teen Vogue and Us Weekly, several targeted digital outlets such as Hulu, Facebook and YouTube, as well as outdoor in Times Square and SoHo.