Fashion Star Launches Six Fashion Designer Careers
Last night on NBC’s “Fashion Star,” six hopeful designers’ cutting-edge creations were purchased by three of America’s top retailers: Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue. Celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos helped guide designers Edmond Newton, Lizzie Parker, Nikki Poulos, Nzimiro Oputa, Orly Shani and Sarah Parrott in creating their winning creations, which are available online and in stores now. The series, hosted by Elle Macpherson, continues the search for the next big “Fashion Star” in next week's episode airing Tuesday, March 20 10-11pm ET when the designers receive valuable customer feedback.
Macy’s buyer Caprice Willard purchased the most items of the night with a total of three purchases from the designers below.
· Edmond Newton— Sleeveless Halter Dress ($99.00, $110.00) --- V-neckline dress, halter ties in back of neck, banded inset at empire waist. Ruched skirt with bubble hem and back zipper. Fully lined hits just above the knee. Colors: Black (ruched skirt with bubble hem, $99.00), and Black/White with Rosettes details (allover soutache rosette details, $110.00)@edmondnewton
· Nikki Poulos— Kimono-Sleeve Maxi Caftan Dress ($89.00)—V-neckline dress with short kimono sleeves and drawstring at empire waist. Floor length; approximately 40 inches long from natural waist with attached slip lining, no pockets. Comes with matching scarf. Colors: White Eyelet and Geo Print. @nikkipoulos
· Lizzie Parker— Asymmetrical Jersey Tunic ($79.00) –Round neckline pullover textured knit with asymmetrical ruching at front. Single cape sleeve can also be worn as a dress. Comes with attached slip. Colors: Black, Ivory and Plum. @lizzie_parker
· Nzimiro Oputa —Mark Men’s Jacket ($49.95): Normal fit blazer in a linen blend with two welt pockets up top, welt pockets and fastened pockets at front. Imitation suede elbow patches, decorative buttons on sleeve cuffs, and back vent. Fully lined. Color: Blue @nzimirooputa
· Sarah Parrott—Amy Dress ($19.95): Short, fitted dress in woven fabric with front pockets. Cutout and hidden drawstring at back. Lined. Colors: Black and Turquoise. @sarahgparrott
Saks Fifth Avenue buyer Terron E. Shaffer purchased one design and invested in a California native and her versatile skirt.
- Orly Shani— Zipper Mini Skirt($350.00): High waistband with zipper detail. Beaded chiffon layer is detachable. Center back zipper with hook-and-eye closer. Color: Black @orlyshani
While there were big wins of the night, some designers failed to impress the retailers and celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and found themselves in the bottom three. Oscar Fierro’s designs didn’t measure up to his vibrant personality, while Kara Larick’s collar accessory left the mentors and buyers stumped. In the end, Nicholas Bowes’ dismissal of the mentor’s constructive criticism led to his eventual exit, making him the first designer eliminated.
Additionally, viewers will have unprecedented, behind-the-scenes access to each designer on NBC.com's contestant blogs.
“Fashion Star” scours the country in search for the next big brand in fashion. Featuring host and executive producer Elle Macpherson along with celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos, the series will give 14 unknown designers the chance to win a multi-million dollar prize to launch their collections in three of America’s largest retailers: Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue.
The "Fashion Star" format was developed by Ben Silverman of Electus (NBC’s "The Biggest Loser,” “The Office," and "The Tudors"), Rick Ringbakk of Emmy Award-winning 5x5 Media ("Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution"), and E.J. Johnston and James Deutch of EJD Productions.
The show is executive-produced by Macpherson, Silverman of Electus, Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth of The Magical Elves, Rick Ringbakk of 5x5 Media) and E.J. Johnston and James Deutch of EJD Productions. Electus/Engine Distribution will retain all international distribution rights.
For embeddable clips and full episodes from NBC shows, please visit NBC.com’s official show site.
For artwork and a complete press kit from the show please visit the NBCUniversal Media village website.
Please follow them on Fashion Star Facebook or Fashion Star Twitter or join in the discussion about Fashion Star Google.
Thank you for reading this fashion news article on the Fashion Newspaper.
If you are interested, you can read our previous article that was an introduction to Fashion Star. Do you watch the show?