Paris Hilton Models at Ukrainian Fashion Week
Ukrainian Fashion Week attracted the glances of the international haute couture fashionistas for the 29th time. The catwalk by American celebrity Paris Hilton and gala show of renowned British-Italian designer Antonio Berardi added a special thrill to the occasion. The event featured 42 designers, who presented their pret-a-porter Spring-Autumn 2012 collections.
The Ukrainian fashion industry reached a new milestone in the international vogue arena. Ukrainian Fashion Week, which unfolded on October 13, 2011 has become traditional for international fashion experts, buyers, designers' clients, and media representatives. The event attracted world-renowned fashion industry representatives, including Dutch fashion consultant Li Edelkoort and British fashion designer of Italian descent Antonio Berardi.
One of the highlights of the event was a catwalk by Paris Hilton, who demonstrated a bright yellow silk dress by the Ukrainian designer Andre Tan. "The 29th UFW is remarkable for featuring high scale collections as well as attracting a large number of foreign guests," noted the Head of the UFW Organizing Committee Iryna Danylevska.
The famous designer Antonio Berardi demonstrated his collection for the next fashionable season. A collection of swimwear and lingerie, created by Jean-Paul Gaultier for La Perla, became another highlight of the 29th UFW. Together with the on-stage program, UFW offered a number of seminars, round tables, and presentations. One of the 25 most influential fashion experts according to The Time Li Edelkoort held a seminar and presentation Bliss. Spring-Summer 2013, during which she shared predictions about the fashion trends for the next couple of years.
The 29th season of the show featured collections by 42 famous Ukrainian designers, showcasing works of Lilya Poustovit, Victoria Gres, Elena Burenina, Alexei Zalevskiy, Viktor Anisimov, Tatyana Zemskova, Elena Vorozhbyt, Liliya Litkovskaya, Svetlana Bevza, Christina Bobkova, Andre Tan, Iryna Karavay, and many others. "Participation in UFW enables designers to present their new collections …and helps them prove their credibility to the market players," commented the General Producer of the UFW Volodymyr Nechyporuk.
This season's UFW was dedicated to the 20th anniversary of Ukraine's independence. The exposition was titled The Borders of Body and focused on the interaction of an artist with the human body. It included 40 outfits by Ukrainian designers created between 1991 and 2011.
Learn more about the international fashion industry at the Fashion Industry Network.
Learn more about interenational fashion week events.
Spread The Word
- Legendary SwimShow Makes a Splash With 2013 Expansion Plans
- NXT Winter Fashion Show
- WIN FREE SHOES FOR A YEAR!
- Back to Mule School
- High-profile fashion insider Derek Blasberg and Next Models Use the Galaxy Note to Take Fans Behind the Scenes at Fashion Week
- Endomondo Introduces Performance Sportswear at Copenhagen Fashion Week
- New Year, New Style: How to Change Your Style This Year
- H&M Super Bowl Ad with David Beckham
- Up to 50-70% off Island Girl Fashion Summer SALE
- Mercedes-Benz Features New SL Roadster and Supermodel Lara Stone in Calvin Klein Collection
- George Sponsors Graduate Fashion Week for 2012
- Anndra Neen Announced Winner of 2011 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize
- Horseworship Apparel Debuts Fashion To Benefit America's Wild Horses
- European Tailored License Moving In-House at Tommy Hilfiger
- Earthtec and Seth Aaron Debut High-Fashion Sustainable Apparel Collaboration at Portland Fashion Week
- Celebrity Fashion Event Held to Celebrate Prominent Spanish Fashion Lines
- LG Marquee Cutting-Edge Technology During New York Fashion Week
- Derek Lam Receives Mercedes-Benz Presents Title For September 2011