Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported a 10.7 percent increase in same-store sales for the five-week period ended October 1, 2011 compared with the five-week period ended October 2, 2010. Preliminary total retail sales of $943 million for September 2011 increased 16.3 percent compared with total retail sales of $810 million for the same period in fiscal 2010.
Quarter-to-date same-store sales increased 9.0 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2010. Preliminary quarter-to-date total retail sales of $1.63 billion increased 14.6 percent compared with total retail sales of $1.43 billion for the same period in fiscal 2010.
Year-to-date same-store sales increased 7.4 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2010. Preliminary year-to-date total retail sales of $6.58 billion increased 12.8 percent compared with total retail sales of $5.83 billion for the same period in fiscal 2010.
To hear Nordstrom's pre-recorded September sales message, please dial 402-220-6036. This recording will be available for one week.
SEPTEMBER SALES RESULTS
(unaudited; $ in millions)
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Number of stores||10/1/11||10/2/10|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||105||85|
|Gross square footage||24,638,000||23,687,000|
|(1)Includes sales made through HauteLook, Nordstrom's online private sale subsidiary.|
(2)Nordstrom, formerly referred to as "Multi-channel," includes Nordstrom full-line stores and Direct.
In September, Nordstrom opened two Nordstrom full-line stores at The Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, Tenn. and Saint Louis Galleria in St. Louis, Mo. and six Nordstrom Rack stores at West Covina Mall in West Covina, Calif.; South Bay Center in Redondo Beach, Calif.; Middlesex Commons in Burlington, Mass.; Rivers Edge in Indianapolis, Ind.; Cascade Plaza in Tigard, Ore.; and Orchard Corners in Lenexa, Kan.
Today, Nordstrom opens a Nordstrom Rack store at Market at Town Center in Sugar Land, Texas. Additionally, in October Nordstrom plans to open two Nordstrom Rack stores at The Corner in Tucson, Ariz. and at Westfield Plaza Bonita in National City, Calif.
FUTURE REPORTING DATES
Nordstrom's planned financial release calendar for the next three months currently includes:
|October Sales Release||Thurs., November 3, 2011|
|Third Quarter Earnings Release||Thurs., November 10, 2011|
|November Sales Release||Thurs., December 1, 2011|
|December Sales Release||Thurs., January 5, 2012|
Spread The Word
- Legendary SwimShow Makes a Splash With 2013 Expansion Plans
- Nordstrom Reports August 2012 Sales
- NXT Winter Fashion Show
- WIN FREE SHOES FOR A YEAR!
- Back to Mule School
- New Year, New Style: How to Change Your Style This Year
- Up to 50-70% off Island Girl Fashion Summer SALE
- Nordstrom to Close University Mall Store in Orem, Utah
- Why wristbands are great for your everyday style
- Nordstrom Rack to Open New Store at Willow Grove Park
- Nordstrom Refinances Revolving Credit Facility
- Circle Centre Store in Indianapolis to be Closed by Nordstrom
- Nordstrom helps raise awareness and funds for hepatitis B testing and prevention
- Nordstrom Opens New Store at Christiana Mall in Newark, Delaware
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Boise
- Nordstrom Scholarship Program Doubles
- Nordstrom Reports January 2011 Sales
- Nordstrom Reports December 2010 Sales