Tuxedo Manufacturer Creates Jobs for American Workers
Tuxedo manufacturer G. Alexander l.l.c. bets on consumers' desire to buy Made in the USA with their debut tuxedo collection. The G. Alexander Tuxedo Collection, debuting August 9, 2011 at the International Formalwear Association Expo 30 in Las Vegas, is a complete reversal of current industry thinking. Michael Priest, managing partner and director of sales, had this to say: "Choosing to manufacture our tuxedos in the USA was an easy choice. American workers are far and away the best in the world. Making tuxedos in America gives us the ability to work side by side with the designers, seamstresses and everyone involved in the process, while at the same time securing American jobs with every tuxedo made."
The collection reflects classic styling with a dash of modern updating, displaying the finest American craftsmanship, not seen in rental tuxedos since the industry-wide decisions to shutter domestic production and seek offshore labor. The G. Alexander Tuxedo Collection boasts no paid celebrity endorsers, choosing to put those funds into the product. "Labels are important to consumers; they rely on them when choosing between products," said Mr. Priest. "We feel the strongest statement we can make about our brand, as well as our focus on delivering hands down the finest tuxedos in the world, is the Made in the USA label."
Immediately following the debut in Las Vegas the G. Alexander Tuxedo Collection will hit the runway at the International Prom Association / Southern Independent Formalwear Association (IPA/SIFA) show in Atlanta. Response from industry insiders who have taken part in the development has been overwhelmingly positive. Mr. Priest said, "Everyone who has seen the collection has been excited. Our entire team is ready to take the cover off and let the world see what an American company can do."
Samples will begin showing up in tuxedo rental stores and bridal shows across the country in December 2011 and will be available for rental in February 2012.
G. Alexander Tuxedo Collection, American Made Formalwear. Classic lines, superior fit and feel for all your wedding, prom and special events.
G. Alexander l.l.c. tuxedo collection debuting August 9, 2011. Founded by Michael Priest, a 15-year veteran of the formalwear industry. Mr. Priest owns and continues to operate Art Thrift Reweavers, the source for tuxedo repairs.
Thank you for reading this fashion news article on the Fashion Newspaper.
Learn more about fashion that is made in the USA from the Apparel Search clothing industry directory.
Spread The Word
- Legendary SwimShow Makes a Splash With 2013 Expansion Plans
- NXT Winter Fashion Show
- WIN FREE SHOES FOR A YEAR!
- Back to Mule School
- New Year, New Style: How to Change Your Style This Year
- Work at One of the 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Up to 50-70% off Island Girl Fashion Summer SALE
- GSEA Fashion Group Opens Apparel Factory Doors
- Why wristbands are great for your everyday style
- Robert Half International Suit Drive to Help Low-Income Job Seekers
- Sharon Silfen’s e-commerce accessory boutique, SadeeSays.com, announces Cece Feinberg Public Relations as Agency of Record
- Willis & Walker and Marcraft Apparel Group Partner to Build a Global Lifestyle Brand for Tall Men
- DealFun.com Helps Turn Clothing into Careers with Women's Charity
- Fashion and Retail Professionals May Have Rising Salaries and Career Moves in Store
- The National Women's Specialty Retailer Top Employer in Northeast Ohio
- Quick Fashion Sketching Tips
- Summer Job Contest : Contest winner to join UK retailer Jack Wills for Exclusive Polo Event
- UNIQLO Fashion Careers : UNIQLO to Open Third NYC Store And Hire Employees