Nordstrom Rack to Open New Store at Willow Grove Park
Seattle-based Nordstrom, Inc. announced today plans to open a new Nordstrom Rack in Willow Grove, Pa. outside of Philadelphia. The new 40,000 square-foot store is scheduled to open during spring 2012 at Willow Grove Park.
Nordstrom Rack is the off-price retail division of Nordstrom, Inc., and carries on-trend merchandise from Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com at 50-60% off original Nordstrom prices. Nordstrom Rack also offers a wide selection of apparel, accessories and shoes from many of the brands carried in Nordstrom stores purchased specially for Nordstrom Rack, with most at savings of 30-70% off.
Willow Grove Park is conveniently located within a few miles of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Route 611 in eastern Montgomery County. The new Rack will open adjacent to The Cheesecake Factory on the mall's third level, furthering Willow Grove Park's established fashion-forward retail mix of more than 130 leading specialty stores including Bloomingdales, Macy's, Sears, Coach, H&M, J.Crew, and Williams-Sonoma. The center is owned and managed by Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT) (NYSE: PEI).
When it opens, the Willow Grove Park store will be the third Nordstrom Rack in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Nordstrom also operates three full-line stores in greater Philadelphia.
"Nordstrom Rack is an ideal complement to Willow Grove Park's strong anchors and fashion-oriented merchandise mix," said Joseph F. Coradino, President of PREIT Services, LLC and PREIT-RUBIN, Inc. "We anticipate Nordstrom Rack will be very well received in the market and a significant draw for shoppers throughout greater Philadelphia."
"Willow Grove Park mall is a great retail center that we're thrilled to be joining," said Geevy Thomas, president of Nordstrom Rack. "We're very fortunate to have lots of great customers in the greater Philadelphia area and we hope we'll be able to better serve them with another Rack location."
Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT), founded in 1960 and one of the first equity REITs in the U.S., has a primary investment focus on retail shopping malls. Currently, the Company's portfolio consists of 49 properties, including 38 shopping malls, eight strip and power centers, and three development properties. The Company's properties are located in 13 states in the eastern half of the United States, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. The operating retail properties have approximately 33 million total square feet of space. PREIT is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pa. The Company's website can be found at www.preit.com. PREIT is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol PEI.
About Willow Grove Park
Willow Grove Park is owned and managed by Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT). Willow Grove Park is a three-level, 1.2 million-square-foot super regional shopping mall, located north of Philadelphia in eastern Montgomery County. Anchored by Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Sears, and The Cheesecake Factory, Willow Grove Park boasts more than 130 leading, fashion-forward specialty stores. The Center's magnificent Carousel ride attraction and elegant Victorian-inspired decor reflect its rich heritage as a development on the site of a famed amusement park. For more information, visit www.willowgroveparkmall.com.
Nordstrom, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 214 stores located in 29 states. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 116 Nordstrom full-line stores, 95 Nordstrom Rack stores, two Jeffrey boutiques and one clearance store. Nordstrom serves customers through its online presence at Nordstrom.com and through its catalogs. Nordstrom also operates in the online private sale marketplace through its subsidiary HauteLook. Nordstrom, Inc.'s common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN.
Thank you for reading this Nordstrom news at the Fashion Newspaper.
Have you seen the new Designer Fashion Boutique retail clothing store website designed by Apparel Search? If not, you may want to check it out.
Learn more about fashion in PA, from the Pennsylvania fashion guide on apparel search. In that section, you may want to try the fashion stores in Pennsylvania section.
Spread The Word
- Nordstrom Rack Open In Dayton
- Nordstrom Rack In Dublin, California
- Legendary SwimShow Makes a Splash With 2013 Expansion Plans
- Nordstrom NYC Store
- NXT Winter Fashion Show
- Nordstrom Rack to Open at Colonies Crossroads in Spring 2013
- WIN FREE SHOES FOR A YEAR!
- Back to Mule School
- New Year, New Style: How to Change Your Style This Year
- Up to 50-70% off Island Girl Fashion Summer SALE
- Nordstrom to Close University Mall Store in Orem, Utah
- Why wristbands are great for your everyday style
- Nordstrom Reports September 2011 Sales
- Sharon Silfen’s e-commerce accessory boutique, SadeeSays.com, announces Cece Feinberg Public Relations as Agency of Record
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Boise
- Nordstrom Rack to Open at Cascade Plaza in Tigard, Oregon
- Indianapolis Rack Opened by Nordstrom
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in South Austin
- Nordstrom Rack to Open First Annapolis Store
- Nordstrom Rack to Relocate in Spokane, WA Area to Spokane Valley Plaza
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Aventura, FL
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Burbank, California
- New Nordstrom Rack to Open in Downtown Chicago
- Nordstrom Rack to Open First Store in North Carolina
- Nordstrom Rack to Open New Store in Pentagon City
- Nordstrom Rack to Open First St. Louis Store
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Cherry Creek, Colorado